The installer will automatically set up the Continua web site in IIS. You may however wish to set this up yourself. The following guide describes the steps to configure IIS to host the Continua web application. It is assumed that Continua will be the only web application hosted on the machine and will disable the Default Web Site.
Ensure that the ASP.NET and Static Content features are installed. The ASP.NET feature is located in the Windows Features dialog under Internet Information Services → World Wide Web Services → Application Development Services → ASP.NET and the Static Content feature is located in the Windows Features dialog under Internet Information Services → World Wide Web Services→ Common HTTP Features → Static Content.
NOTE: If you wish to use LDAP or Mixed authentication modes you should first ensure that the Windows Authentication feature is installed - see IIS 7.7.5 Configuration for LDAP and Mixed authentication modes guide for further details.
Step by Step
- Launch the Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager via the Administrative Tools.
- Select the 'Default Web Site' in the 'Connections' tree and then press the 'Stop' button.
- Right click on the 'Sites' folder and select 'Add Web Site'.
- In the 'Add Web Site' dialog set the following options:
- Site name to 'ContinuaCI'
- Application pool to 'ASP.NET v4.0'
- Physical path to 'C:\Program Files\VSoft Technologies\ContinuaCI\Web', this may be different depending on where you've installed Continua to.
- After clicking 'OK' you will be warned that port 80 is already assigned to another site, the default web site, since we disabled it in step 1, this can be ignored by pressing 'Yes'.
- Ensure the website you just created is selected and double click on the Authentication icon. Ensure that only Anonymous Authentication and Forms Authentication are enabled. Windows Authentication and ASP.NET Impersonation should be disabled.
- If you plan on using LDAP or Mixed authentication modes with Continua, check the IIS 7/7.5 Configuration for LDAP and Mixed authentication modes guide for further steps.
- The configuration has been completed. You can now navigate to the server in a browser to begin the Getting Started Wizard