- Automatically trigger a build whenever a check-in occurs in a tracked VCS.
- Referencing components of the VCS in build actions.
- Monitor and record changes in the repository. These include changesets that triggered a build or changesets that have been added since the previous build was run.
- Show changesets that were committed by the current user. For a user to correctly view their own changes, they will first need to configure their Repository User Mappings.
- Link a repository to an Issue Connector. This allows you to automatically link repository check-in comments to an issue in your issue tracking system.
Unlike some other continuous integration servers like FinalBuilder Server, Continua CI manages the retrieval of your source code. When you create a repository in Continua CI, it points the Continua server to your VCS. The polling frequency of each repository can be set to specify how often the Continua server polls the VCS for changes.